Job Title: Acceptable Knowledge Expert
Duration: Award through 05/31/21
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Closing Date: 5/19/2020
Performs actions and duties associated with the position of Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Acceptable Knowledge Expert (AKE). This position is primarily responsible to evaluate historical data from various transuranic radioactive waste generators across the Laboratory and those off-site generators who sent waste to the laboratory to determine waste acceptability for processing/treatment and subsequent transport to and disposal at WIPP. This includes:
- Generating and reviewing Waste Stream Profile Forms (WSPFs), Acceptable Knowledge Summary Reports (AKSRs), Chemical Compatibility Evaluations (CCE’s), Basis of Knowledge Evaluations (BoK), and Acceptable Knowledge Assessments (AKA) as defined in the WIPP WAC and WAP
- Assisting operations with characterization, processing, treatment, and disposition activities with available acceptable knowledge information
- Generating and maintaining AK documents as required
- Reviewing operating procedures and generating or maintaining documents supporting waste certification
- Other AK related activities as assigned by AK lead, peers and management
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years relevant experience in transuranic waste disposition; OR 10 years relevant experience in radioactive or hazardous waste disposition
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated.