TradeWind Services, a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure Access Control Specialist(s) to support client activities at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
This position is full time (40hrs/week), with work location in Los Alamos, NM. (subject to change)
- Utilize planning tools and procedures to identify access requirements for the area which will be entered, obtain an active security plan from the client for the area which is to be accessed, verify the identity of the individuals which will monitored and ensure they have the required credentials for entering the area
- Brief the individuals being monitored on prohibited and controlled articles and other safety and security requirements
- Complete the logging system requirements
- Escort the approved individuals to the approved work area
- Notify the on-site client Physical Security Officer in emergency situations, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- When work in the area commences, observe the monitored person(s), to ensure proper procedures and policies are being followed. Should you observe non-compliance report the incident immediately to the appropriate client on-site authority.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and report the incident to the appropriate on-site client authority
- High School Diploma or GED
- Candidates must have an active Department of Energy “Q” or “L” Government Security Clearance
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote a safe and compliant work environment
- Ability to use critical thinking and have good judgment and decision-making skills to react and report any potential breach in procedure and or policies
Travel and living expenses are authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: ACSP1