TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Conduct of Operations Coach to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
Position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
The individuals holding these senior positions is responsible for ensuring that the client and subcontractor Work Group Supervisors and Responsible Managers, among others, have a solid understanding of Conduct of Operations, Human Performance Improvement (HPI), Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), Radiological Controls and the Work Control Program, and that they have the tools (training, briefings, and coaching) to apply these programs to their daily activities in a safe, consistent, and effective manner. Perform a Conduct of Operations coaching/mentoring role with individuals directly responsible for the management, supervision and performance of field work activities for all client projects. Facilitate the incorporation of feedback received during coaching sessions into process improvements to strengthen implementation of DOE Order 422.1 requirements at the Tank Farms and 222-S Laboratory.
The following reporting will be required of the position holder:
- Prepare reports on the status of field work coaching activities for presentation to Conduct of Operations Program Manager.
- Participate in Management Self-Assessments of ISMS, Operations, and Radiological Operations.
- Participate in the Management Observation Program (MOP) and submit reports.
- Experience in disciplined operations in the nuclear industry or military
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or related field, and/or a combination of education, training and 20 years related experience
- At least 10 of the above years of experience must have been at a nuclear facility, 5 of which must have been within the DOE nuclear complex, preferably in a management or supervisory role
- Minimum of five years’ experience directly related to the Operation of highly radioactive and/or chemically contaminated Facilities
- Must be familiar with OSHA and DOE regulations governing the safe performance of all aspects of field work
- Must be familiar with ISMS and work control processes employed at DOE nuclear facilities
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the job
- Basic Computer skill using MS Work and MS Excel, as are good oral and written communication skills
- Meet Hanford Site access / badging requirements
- Position requires 24 hr Hazardous waste worker training and Rad Worker II Training
- Medical program participation required for the position (respirator qualified)
- Hanford Tank Farms, 242-A Evaporator, Effluent Treatment Facility, and 222-S Laboratory Familiarity
- Perform (in a hands-on-approach) a coaching role with individuals directly responsible for the management, supervision and execution of field work activities for all client projects to ensure proper disciplined Conduct of Operations and appropriate HPI tool usage
- Facilitate incorporation of continuous improvement feedback provided during coaching sessions into process, procedures and training
- Participate in Management Self-Assessments of ISMS, Operations, and Radiological Operations
- Participate in the Management Observation Program (MOP)
- Interface with representatives of DOE, DNFSB, and other regulatory and oversight agencies
- Perform Senior Supervisory Watch (SSW) of high-risk work and first-time evolutions as required to support mission
- Provide CONOPS, HPI and ISMS-related training and briefings to client personnel responsible for the management and supervision of field work activities. (Required to be qualified on the HAMMER Conduct of Operations Simulator in order to teach client Training Course # 350108.)
- Support HPI Lab with content development and session facilitation
- Support development and monitoring of Conduct of Operations and HPI performance indicators
Duration is anticipated from date of hire through 9/30/2019, with three option years.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: TWCOC
Position closes 1/2/2019 at close of business