TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a CSA Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
Job duties will include (but is not limited to):
- Support of field engineering activities for ongoing construction work
- Support resolution of construction problems identified to engineering (via meetings, correspondence, field changes NCRs, and CDRs) relating to the CS&A discipline
- Originate or check Civil/Structural engineering dispositions based on review of engineering deliverables such as steel and concrete calculations, Finite Element Analyst of structures, and specifications
- Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction
- Schedule and monitor work activities and manage specifically assigned project activities.
- Assist in constructability reviews
- B.S. in Structural/Civil engineering from an accredited university with one year related professional experience for a grade 23 and three year for a grade 24
- Work experience should be directly related to the detailed design of steel and concrete structures
- Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, AIC 318 and ASCE 7
- Ability to utilize office automation tools effectively, Knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisition and of construction methods for concrete and steel structures
- Familiar with work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally
- Ability to resolve design issues and subordinates, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check
- Must have the right to work and remain I the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to obtain a Dept. of Energy badge for Hanford Site access
- Knowledge of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 7, and the UBC codes
- Previous structural design experience on other DOE Nuclear Projects
- Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence
- Planning and organizational skills are essential. Excellent listening, oral, and written communication abilities
- Passes the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam
Duration is from date of award through 12 months.
Travel and living expenses have been authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Attn: CSAE