TradeWind Services a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Document Control Lead to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
This position is responsible for leading a group of document control personnel performing high volume releasing and/or vendor submittal document processing and indexing of electronic documents acceptable for retention as federal electronic records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include providing oversight of day-to-day work to ensure that we meet customer expectations and that work is performed in accordance with regulatory and programmatic requirements, gathering statistical data, analyzing the data and aggregating the results.
Document Control Lead must perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership within the document control team
- Provide cross training on work scope as defined by the CRM organization
- Oversee day to day operations in document control
- Oversee adherence to site procedures
- Oversee auditing and training for individuals
- Assist with general records management tasks for the CRM organization
- Maintain metric and performance information on team productivity
- Write, review and maintain operating procedures/desk instructions
- Submit weekly reports on team activities
- Participate in audits/assessments, when requested
- Provide document and record files management support to requesting organizations (e.g., QA, Engineering)
- Participate in corrective actions, audit/assessment responses
- Maintain team error rates below customer expectations. If errors are above expectations, implement quality control improvement steps
- Identify and implement business process improvements
- Maintain compliance with governmental requirements for records maintenance, storage, retrieval, and access of records
- Perform routine and stretch assignments and demonstrate reliable, consistent, and quality results
- Index, and verify multiple document types; assist with testing of configuration control software and have good understanding of the processes for configuration management of engineering and administrative documentation
- Attend all required meetings and maintain required training
- Communicate with customers, other client and subcontractor personnel, and management on regular basis
Vendor Information Processing—Process, maintain, and provide information copies of approved vendor information consisting of, but not limited to, performance specifications, component data, parts numbers, fabrication and installation drawings.
Document Release Services—Provide document release and configuration status accounting for technical information, including completeness reviews; posting to the status control system; distribution, research database as requested, change status verification, accountability reporting, and change incorporation support.
- 4 years’ experience in records management, document control, configuration control, leadership or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service attitude is essential
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of customer service and administrative functions
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to complete the full range of assigned tasks
- Be a team player, focused, and able to multi-task and prioritize, as well as a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
- Possess the ability to work effectively with customers, co-workers and management
- Must have a professional appearance and behavior, a positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Basic knowledge SharePoint and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Document control experience with basic configuration management fundamentals
- Previous work experience at Hanford
- Proficient with SmartPlant Foundation (SPF), Document Control Management System (DMCS), and the Integrated Document Management System (IDMS)
- Familiarity with Records Management, Configuration Control, and Document Control requirements
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with four option years.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: DCL12
Position closes 4/23/2019 at close of business