TradeWind Services a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure an Electrical Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in the 200 East area on the Hanford site. (subject to change)
Project engineer in support of the Management of Cesium and Strontium Capsules (MCSC) Project. The overall objective of the MCSC Project is to move 1936 cesium and strontium capsules currently in underwater storage in the Waste Encapsulation and Storage Facility (WESF) to dry storage at a new Capsule Storage Area (CSA). The MCSC Project is currently completing the design phase of the project and will begin construction, fabrication, and testing. The selected candidate will support the Project Manager and the lead Project Engineer and will perform the following activities:
- Manage baseline design documentation (specs/drawings/calculations) for assigned systems
- Manage software configuration consistent with Software Management Plans
- Develop and implement design changes to facilitate sludge retrieval, transfer, & packaging operations
- Create/modify program software to produce desired process & utility system operation
- Collaborate with mechanical/electrical/process system Design Authorities to troubleshoot and identify corrective actions to resolve operational anomalies based upon instrumentation & control system indication
- Manage baseline software and subsequent software revisions in the Hanford Information Systems Inventory (HISI)
- Applicant must have experience in Instrumentation and Control System software programming
- Applicant must have experience in implementation of client software configuration management requirements and processes
- Applicant must have experience in the design and control of safety related systems on the Hanford Site, including compliance with Documented Safety Analysis/Technical Safety Requirements, Environmental permits/regulations, and Fire Protection Program requirements
- Applicant must have a BS degree in Engineering or related technical program and 10 years of experience with at least 5 years’ experience supporting nuclear facility design/operations
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Attn: EE1
Position closes 6/25/2019 at close of business