TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Fire Protection Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
- Functions as Fire Protection Engineer in the Hanford Site Fire Marshal’s Office, assisting in the evaluation and control of fire and life safety hazards
- Provide technical and administrative support to the office through the review of a wide range of technical and administrative documents including Fire Hazards Analysis documents, interpretation and equivalency requests for compliance with Department of Energy (DOE), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and other fire prevention/protection related requirements
- Provide client support for the implementation of the various programmatic aspects of the fire protection program including the development and review of fire protection procedures, maintenance of the permit system and input to fire protection employee training
- Provide technical reviews of facility changes including fire hazards analysis and fire sprinkler and fire alarm system designs
- Assist individual client projects with development and identification of fire protection related requirements and criteria
- Participate in fire investigations (both Wildland and Structural)
- Perform periodic facility fire protection assessments
- Review and approve project documentation, including approval of design, equipment, materials, and operating procedures related to fire protection
- Assist client Engineering in the preparation and/or peer checking of fire protection related Facility Modification Package (FMP) design drawings and documentation
- Interface with building and contractor FPEs and perform routine interpretation of fire protection related Codes and Standards with the follow-on approval of the HFM
- Support other Engineering tasks such as generation, review, and approval of various studies and technical documents related to Hanford Site fire protection systems and planned system upgrades
- Support any of the various duties that need to be fulfilled through the HFMO organization as directed by the HFM
- Have completed not less than 10 years of practice indicative of growth in fire protection engineering or technology
- Be knowledgeable in the consistent application of DOE Fire Protection Program criteria with DOE nuclear and industrial safety requirements
- Be experienced in the design, installation and testing of fire protection water supplies and fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA Codes and Standards and DOE Fire Protection Program requirements
- Experience and certifications in wildland and/or structural fire investigation
- Experience in the development and/or reviews of Fire Hazards Analysis
- Hold a current NICET Level II or higher for water-based suppression systems and/or fire alarm systems
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with four option years to extend.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: FPES
Position closes 1/9/2019 at close of business