TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Fire Systems Maintenance Project Manager to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in the 200 East area on the Hanford Site. (subject to change)
- Reporting to the HFD Performance Assurance Division, functions as a Fire Systems Maintenance Project Manager assisting the HFD/FSM in the evaluation and control of fire and life safety hazards through the fire system inspection testing and maintenance program
- Perform analysis of the Hanford Site Fire System Maintenance Requirement Document, MSC-RD-FP-7899, and NFPA requirements
- Identify NFPA requirements that are captured in the current requirements document but are not implemented within the performance of maintenance activities including both preventative and corrective maintenance
- Identify how requirements are being met, and any requirements that are not being fully executed
- Provide recommendations and solutions to address identified deficiencies
- Working with FSM personnel and management, develop the needs and costs associated with the implementation of these requirements
- Based on available funds, identify risks, develop and manage a schedule that identifies deficiencies and tracks the implementation of these requirements to ensure a compliant Fire System Inspection and Testing Maintenance program on the Hanford Site
- Maintain this schedule throughout the length of successful implementation
- Routinely interface with the Hanford Fire Marshal’s Office, the DOE Customer, client Senior Management, and Other Hanford Contractors. Additionally, support will be provided to provide reviews of contractor facility Fire Hazards Analysis assisting the Hanford Fire Marshal’s Office
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection Engineering, or related scientific discipline and a minimum of 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the NFPA codes, and standards with an understanding of fire protection system design, and maintenance of fire protections systems
- Have a high level of interpersonal communications skills and computer skills and the ability to provide direction and goals aligned with fire protection requirements
- Have program management or project management experience with fire protection related DOE orders, directives, standards, NFPA codes and standards, supplemental directives and other required fire protection related documents
- Background in providing input to facility work control documents and procedures, including nuclear facilities
- Experience in fire protection system IT&M support and NFPA code application
- Strong background in authoring, reviewing, and approving facility fire hazards analysis
- Strong understanding of NFPA 25 and NFPA 72
- Experience with evaluating compliance with codes and DOE Orders and supporting daily operations of organizations
- NICET certification(s) and/or NFPA certifications
- Project Management Professional certificate
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with four option years to extend.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: FSMPM
Position closes 1/09/2019 at close of business