TradeWind Services, a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, is seeking to procure a Mechanical Design Engineer to support client activities at the Idaho National Laboratory.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location at the Idaho Cleanup Project Town Facility in Idaho Falls, ID. (Occasional site visits may be required)
- Apply science, technology, and engineering knowledge, skills and experience to design, analyze, and provide field support for new or changes to existing structures, systems and components through preparation of drawing, specifications, and other design documents.
- Prepare design reports and calculations to support design concepts. Design phases include conceptual through detailed final design.
- Evaluate field problems and prepare design change documentation when necessary.
- Integrate safety into all aspects of the engineering designs.
- Commit to safety in the workplace.
- Support the Client’s Idaho One Safety program goals for maintaining a safety conscious work environment including active participation in safety programs and activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal and State Orders and Regulations, National Consensus Codes and Standards, and quality assurance, environmental, safety and security requirements.
- Comply with all safety, health, environmental, security, work control, and performance requirements.
- This position requires a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 15 years engineering experience in mechanical systems and equipment design, welding and welded structures, and tooling design including preparation of conceptual and construction drawing, specifications, reports, studies and calculations.
- Knowledge of applicable national design codes (ASME, ASHRAE, ASTM, IBC) will be essential for this position
Duration is from date of award through 5/31/2021with potential to extend longer.
Travel and living expenses are authorized for this position. Travel and living reimbursement apply only to candidates living 100 miles or further from Idaho Falls, ID.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated. Attn: IDMEDE29
Position closes 1/28/2020 at close of business