TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Mechanical Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in the 200 West area on the Hanford site. (subject to change)
The charter of the T Plant Facilities are to provide waste storage with limited treatment for the Waste and Fuels Management Project. T Plant personnel perform all necessary facility/project operations and are responsible for work assignment, regulatory compliance, safety, training, radiological control, maintenance, Quality Assurance (QA), process engineering, configuration control, and subcontractor activities within these areas.
Engineering and Technical Support provides W&FMP with engineering and technical oversight and support. Responsible for evaluating facility and equipment performance, troubleshooting operational anomalies, and assessing plant conditions and events. Ensures engineered systems incorporate appropriate controls and systems for safe and compliant operation. Provides facility Nuclear and Criticality Safety function and manages implementation of USQ program for facility line management. Provides timely technical support for emergency preparedness, readiness review, and technical response team support.
Qualify and perform as a Design Authority on T Plant Mechanical HVAC systems. Provide the facilities with engineering support to maintain and upgrade plant support equipment. Provide support for the other engineering disciplines. Perform design reviews as required for the project.
- Provide general Mechanical Engineering services to W&FMP Engineering supported facilities
- Become the technical authority for the systems, responsible for all technical aspects of maintenance and operations
- Perform system walk-downs, document deficiencies, prepare technical resolutions and drive repairs
- Maintain configuration management of the systems
- Ensure regulatory, code and safety basis compliance
- Prepare and maintain operating and maintenance procedures and data sheets
- Prepare design changes for system improvements
- Procure replacement and spare parts within the quality program
- Support plant project upgrade work
- Become knowledgeable of the facilities safety basis and upgrade to USQ screener if required
- Provide technical direction to Facility Operations and Maintenance organizations for performance of operating procedures and maintenance and surveillance activities
- Daily interface with Management, Project organization, Operations, Work Planning, Radiation Control, Nuclear Safety, Maintenance and bargaining unit personnel to support project goals and objectives by providing timely and sound technical direction
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years related experience
- Experience in HVAC systems and AG-1 requirements
- Experience in Nuclear NQA-1 quality requirements (QL2 Procurements)
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Competent using standard MS Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: MENG2
Position closes 5/19/2019 at close of business