TradeWind Services, a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Mechanical Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location at the 100 Area on the Hanford Site. (subject to change)
Provide senior to principle level technical engineering expertise to the 100K Closure Projects and 100K Engineering Management in support of planning and implementation of activities leading to safely Deactivating and Demolishing (D&D) the 105-K West (KW) Fuel Storage Basin; remediating chemical and radioactive contaminated waste sites at 100K; D&D the ancillary facilities at 100K; and placing the K East (KE) and KW Reactors in interim safe storage.
- Routinely make decisions that affect organizational milestones and incentives (position requires minimal management direction).
- Review of design information and operating history of mechanical systems in support of equipment and system removal.
- Plan for and provide recommendations for transition of equipment and systems from operations to D&D. Develop Facility Modification Packages and engineering work instructions for the D&D of facility equipment and systems.
- Conduct/attend walk-downs of proposed work with planners, project managers, project engineers, operators, and work supervisors to support engineering design, planning or field work.
- Ensure scheduled activities satisfy nuclear safety, radcon, environmental and safety requirements for D&D of the facility while optimizing schedule.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with a broad knowledge of mechanical systems and experience with design, procurement, commissioning, and/or operation.
- Minimum fifteen (10) years of overall engineering experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of project engineering experience at a nuclear or Department of Energy facility.
- Working knowledge of industry and DOE Codes, Standards and Orders.
- Must be able to obtain qualifications required to access Hazardous/Radiological Waste Sites.
- 24 Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- Rad Worker 2
- Respirator Training
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2020 with potential to extend longer.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated. Attn: TWS001