TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Nuclear Safety Engineer Specialist to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time, with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
- Performs work which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features
- Equipment design and development o System design, including concept sketches and layouts o Testing of materials o Preparation of specifications and design calculations
- Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
- Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
- Preparation or review of material quantity estimates
- Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
- Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence
- Monitors project controls within discipline
- Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity and prepares comments and recommendations
- Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nuclear Engineering or a degree in a related engineering field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of relevant experience or in lieu of degree seven years of relevant work experience
- Experience with DOE nuclear projects safety basis development, or commercial nuclear power plant licensing or analysis
- Knowledge in nuclear safety/engineering
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site
- Nuclear Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
- EIT or PE License in Nuclear, Mechanical, Chemical, or other engineering field
Duration is from date of award – 12 months.
Travel and living expenses has been authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: NSES