TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure an Operations Support Specialist to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in the 200East area on the Hanford site. (subject to change)
- Develop training materials and procedures in a manner to ensure safe, efficient and cost-effective operations
- Under general supervision; Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training using the systematic approach to training
- Coordinate, implement, evaluate, and administer training programs
- Design and develop training materials that would include items such as: Development of job task lists, OJT qualification cards, Qualification Standards, Classroom training materials and knowledge tests
- Perform needs analyses, acquire appropriate training materials, and participate in the selection of instructors and other associated tasks
- Assist with design, development and implementation of training programs
- Identify appropriate training materials, develop lesson plans and training presentations and other related tasks
- Perform classroom, performance-based, on-the-job, computer-based and self-study training
- Develop procedures including drafting, editing and revising and performing comment resolution
- Perform equipment walk downs to verify field conditions for new and existing procedures
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, included technological enhancements
- Work with functional managers, technical authorities, subject matter experts, and field workers to ensure procedures are written in an appropriate manner for the training, qualification, and experience of the workers
- Ensure the level of detail prescribed in procedures is appropriately balanced with the training required for the position performing the work
- Recommend procedure reviewers based on the scope of the procedure and the modification type requirements
- Support development of new procedures and streamlining efforts at the program and project level
- Ensure compliance with client standards, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate the adequacy of technical authority selections related to modification type decisions in the PRC Procedure System (PPS)
- Provide daily interface with technical authorities, functional managers, and subject matter experts
- BA/BS, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus a minimum of 2 years related experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)
- Thorough knowledge of facility and field operations
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for training and facility operations
- Capable of developing and delivering operational, maintenance, or other technical training related to operation of pumps, valves, ventilation systems, waste transfer systems, chemical systems, radiological controls, Lockout/Tagout process, conduct of operations, and documented safety analysis – this training will be delivered to operators, operations supervisors, operations managers, radiological control technicians, radiological control supervisors and managers, maintenance craft, and maintenance management, etc.
- Capable of developing and delivering training related to administrative processes for operators, operation supervisors, operation managers, radiological control technicians, radiological control supervisors and managers, maintenance craft, and maintenance management, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing technical procedures for operations required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work under pressure, and able to work in a collaborative manner with a demonstrated track record as a team player
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with potential to extend.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: OSS123
Position closes 1/1/2019 at close of business