TradeWind Services a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Public Affairs Support to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland WA. (subject to change)
This position is responsible for providing public involvement and tours support to the DOE. The successful candidate will be involved in internal and external coordination of public outreach activities which includes working with senior and cross-organizational management as well as external stakeholders. Activities may include:
- Interfacing with cross-organizational personnel for the development of public outreach materials, which will include developing presentations; routing for approval and incorporating edits as appropriate
- Creating agendas, facilitating meeting (in person and on conference calls), and drafting meeting minutes
- Support the preparation and issuance of public announcements
- Drafting, reviewing and obtaining concurrence on external communication materials
- Ability to conduct an event from the ground up while satisfying the needs of multiple clients
- Managing and executing tours; this will include drafting agendas, notifying the appropriate personnel, accompanying tours on site, overseeing the issuance of protective gear as necessary and managing tour stops
- Creating schedules and managing project deadlines
- Leading efforts with diplomacy while keeping customer satisfaction a priority
- Available on off hours to ensure project deadlines are met (working remotely/checking email when necessary)
- Handling meeting logistics as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to put the customer’s needs as a top priority
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work under deadlines and deliver quality product on time
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well-organized; ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills; out-going; exhibits strategic and creating thinking skills
- General MS office skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Available on off-hours to ensure project deadlines are met (working remotely/checking email when necessary)
- Preferred candidates will have 4 – 8 years Hanford Site experience
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with four option years.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Attn: PAS1
Position closes 6/19/2019 at close of business