TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure Radiological Control Technician(s) to support client activities at the Idaho National Lab.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location at the Idaho National Laboratory. (subject to change)
- Perform required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, airborne radioactivity control, and surveys to categorize waste for shipment
- Provide radiological work coverage, write radiological control work permits (RWP), enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followed during work and respond to radiological emergencies as required
- Validate safe conduct of radiological work
- Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, and other materials as needed
- Serve as radiological oversight mentors and advisors to facility personnel conducting radiological work
- Perform ongoing RadCon surveillance and assessments
- Provide evaluation feedback to the RadCon foreman and supervisor related to the adequacy of the worker radiological training and the work organizations implementation of the RadCon program
- Maintain proficiency and qualifications through completion of work, self-study and training activities
- Provides radiological support coverage for maintenance, operational, and routine work that involves radioactive materials
- Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination, and Airborne Radioactivity, in the work-place as required by Radiological program procedures and 10 CFR 835
- These activities will only be performed under the direct oversight of a qualified RCT
- Provides work coverage and oversight for maintenance, operational and routine work that involves radioactive materials
- Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the work place
- High School diploma (GED Minimum) required
- DOE Core Certification and vocational college certification or equivalent in radiation protection preferred
- Three years field experience performing radiological work coverage and monitoring either in an NRC or DOE regulated activity preferred
- NRRPT Certification preferred
- Special Requirement: Must be able to qualify and wear a respirator / PAPR / Forced Air
Duration is from date of award through 11/30/2019 with potential to extend longer.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Attn: RCT7