Job Title: Senior Industrial Hygienist
Duration: Date of Award – 9/30/2021
Location: Hanford Site
Closing Date: 12/4/2020
Performs occupational related studies, surveys, and investigations of industrial and maintenance operations to identify potential health risks within the work environment. Coordinates and implements appropriate action to correct deficiencies. Plans, coordinates, and conducts surveys of work sites to observe work practices and conditions for health hazards. Determines the nature and magnitude of hazardous exposure and the effectiveness of existing controls. Prepares technical reports identifying health hazards. Participates in special studies or investigations related to occupational health. Experience working with engineers, crafts, management, and regulators. Experience in both Department of Energy and industrial environments, including radiation and chemical hazards. This position will be working with subcontractors and the building trade crafts. The work performed is construction work in the greenfield and radiological facilities/systems.
- BA/BS degree in occupational safety or related field
- Eligible to sit for the CIH exam or have CIH certification
- 10 years related experience
- Sampling and Monitoring experienced for various chemicals, noise, etc.
- Current 40 hour Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- Working knowledge of construction industry and radiological work
- Ability to communicate and interface well with others
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated.