TradeWind Services a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Software Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
Client Software Engineer Services (SES) requires a software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. Support and development will include .NET, Cold Fusion and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server and Oracle. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and website applications.
The software engineer should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues
- Design databases
- Develop using .NET technology, as well as Cold Fusion
- Understand and follow established Software Development Process
- Assist with providing estimates
- Assist with gathering requirements from customers
- Develop technical documentation
- Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
The software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT related field plus 3 years of IT-related experience or equivalent experience in computer application development
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will include significant involvement with .NET
- 3-5 years’ experience developing projects using .NET technology
- 3-5 years’ experience in SQL and Oracle design
- 2-3 years’ experience with Team Foundation Server and Agile Framework
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to work during non-standard business hours
- 3-5 years’ experience in the support of Enterprise COTS applications
- 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
- Familiarity with Hanford Site applications, systems and infrastructure
Duration is from date of award through 9/30/2019 with four option years.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: SE1
Position closes 4/29/2019 at close of business