Job Title: Software Engineer
Duration: Date of Award – 8/31/2021
Location: Richland, WA
Closing Date: 8/11/2020
Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
SES requires a software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products.
Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and applications. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and website applications.
The software engineer should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues
- Develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
- Develop using .NET technology, as well as other programming languages
- Understand and follow established Software Development Process
- Assist with providing estimates
- Assist with gathering requirements from customers
- Develop technical documentation
- Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
The software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent experience in computer application development OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment including, but not limited to application development or database development
- 2-3 years’ experience in development of applications using .NET technology
- 2-3 years’ experience in SQL or Oracle design/support
- 2-3 years’ experience with MS Visual Studio
- 1-2 years’ experience with Team Foundation Server or other source control technology
- 1-2 years’ experience in writing software life-cycle documentation
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to work during non-standard business hours
- 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a Software Development Agile environment
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated.