Sr. Industrial Hygienist
Job Title: Sr. Industrial Hygienist
Duration: Date of Award – 9/30/2021
Location: Hanford Site
Closing Date: ASAP
- Provide Industrial Hygiene (IH) support in various topical areas; provide support for the field implementation of industrial hygiene and management requirements and maintain a strong field presence in project activities
- Participate in critiques, incident investigations, and corrective action management; prepare written industrial hygiene and safety reports, correspondence and communication
- Assist in integration of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) /Voluntary Protection Program (VPP); support implementation of 10 CFR 851
- Provide support to the company in industrial hygiene and management requirements
- Develop and implement effective and efficient methods for controlling and eliminating occupational health hazards
- Provides input/interface into the job hazard analysis processes and performs exposure monitoring as required
- Reviews and implements safety and health policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations and orders from regulating entities (i.e., Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and DOE).
- BS degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, or related field plus up to 20 years of experience
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is required
- A minimum of 5 years of DOE site experience of other nuclear facility experience
- Candidate must be capable of meeting physical requirements for working in a hazardous waste environment, work in radiological environment, and able to wear respiratory protection equipment
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated.