TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Sr. Project Controls Engineer to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time, with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
Performs schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities. Conducts cost engineering analysis, and control activities. Prepares and reviews the preparation and presentation of cost engineering and planning activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities. Responsible for cost engineering and cost analysis/control and planning and planning activities which require a high degree of technical skilled experience. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering and schedule guidance to projects. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identification of cost trends for management attention. Job responsibilities include (but is not limited to):
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines/functions. Identified restrains and effect on total project schedule. Coordinates with all departments to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or functional restraints and interfaces.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance of the total project. Conducts project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Responsible for leading, when requested, the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitors cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of cost reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility and consistency.
- Responsible for cost engineering and cost analysis/control activities for projects with significant non-routine requirements or for discipline/projects/proposal cost activities which require a high degree of technical skilled experience. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering guidance to the area and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related discipline from an accredited university and minimum 6 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, high school diploma or equivalent and 12 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and cost processor applications.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment background screen and drug screen.
- Must possess the legal right to work and remain in the United Stated without sponsorship.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Previous Earned Value Management System experience on EPC job.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent requests and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
Duration is from date of award – 12 months.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: SRPCE