TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Sr. Startup Engineer – HVAC to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
This position is full time, with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
Support the plant start-up and commissioning process, managing assigned commissioning activities. This will require coordinating with other disciplines within the setup organization to complete all required testing. Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare system testing and turnover documentation including scoped documents, test records, test procedures and other similar required documents
- Prepare system preoperational test procedures for assigned systems. Complete testing per equivalent Bechtel Corporate Standard Test and Commissioning Procedures (STCP) and Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPP), site-specific, pre-op and other procedures which may be required to be prepared in this position. Complete all test records, data sheets, etc. to fully document testing activities;
- Coordinate with and provide direction to supplier Technical Assistants to complete commissioning of vendor supplied equipment. Monitor supplier TA activities to ensure proper charging of TA time (i.e.: ensure Bechtel is not charged to TA time spent addressing the vendor’s own issues). Plan to work accordingly and control the expenditure of TA time spent to stay within the budget constraints for each PO; report and document vendor work activities on daily basis in accordance with applicable procedures;
- Supervise and direct craft and subcontractor personnel as required to support commissioning. Plan to work with the subcontractors and craft, monitor it and control it in accordance with the terms of the contract to stay within the budget and schedule constraints, Report and document subcontractor work activities on a daily basis in accordance within applicable procedures;
- Provide input to engineer on revision required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on review of documents during development of the preoperational test procedures and executing of the commissioning to ensure all such documents and consistent; Prepare the necessary design change and non-conformance documents in accordance with Bechtel procedures as required to document as-built conditions and/or properly resolve deficiencies;
- Prepare detailed startup plans for assigned project system commissioning activities, integrate all discipline activities into these plans; Provide input and updates to project controls as required to maintain accuracy and progress of project schedules, QURR and other progress tracking tools;
- Supervise field manual craft as required to perform assigned tasks; monitor and control craft performance and be accountable for performance of the craft against the budget;
- Participate in system turnover walkdowns for both Construction turnovers and Customers handovers; initiate, track and resolve punchlist items for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Apply knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to large DOE project to development of test plans and procedures;
- Use well developed interpersonal skills to interact closely and frequently with project management, client management and operations and maintenance personnel while maintaining a level of commercial awareness that does not create adverse exposure to the project’s financial and schedule positions;
- Use well developed leadership skills to plan, organize and complete activities and ensure completion of all required documentation;
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Bechtel Standard Applications in the execution of work assignments;
- Work hours as required, including shift-work, overtime, weekends, and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Engineering or related field and 6 years related experience in startup, nuclear power facility experience, or similar, in lieu of a formal degree, high school diploma or equivalent and 12 years of related experience to include startup, nuclear power facility experience, industry or military license/certification/qualification in electrical work or similar.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in startup and commissioning of mechanical equipment and system testing is required, to include startup testing or maintenance of rotating equipment, pipe line cleaning, and system lineup.
- At least 3 years of experience in supervising and managing craft workers to perform maintenance or commissioning activities.
- Must be able to complete and pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check which includes verification of employment and education. Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of Mechanical, Operations and/or Shift Technical Engineer and knowledge of principles and practices related to sound operation.
- Good knowledge of related construction and engineering practices and the economies involved.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Bechtel Startup procedures, programs, and processes.
- Previous experience as a Bechtel Startup (Commissioning) Engineer scheduling and performing system checkout and operation.
- Previous commercial nuclear/Department of Energy experience.
- ASME AG-1 Code HVAC experience
Duration is from date of award – 12 months.
Travel and living expenses has been authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Attn: SSE123