TradeWind Services a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, located in Richland, WA is seeking to procure a Utility Interface and Commissioning Specialist to support client activities on the Hanford Site.
Position is full time (4/10s schedule), with work location in Richland, WA. (subject to change)
The qualified individual for this position must be able to support project interface functions in
accordance with client procedures. Tasks may include the following activities:
- Support the Project Management and Water/Sewer Functional area as a member of the project team with a variety of tasks required for successful project execution including transition to operations.
- Provide interface functions between Project and Utilities throughout the project lifecycle
- This includes: Utility participation in Functional requirements and design criteria documentation, supporting utility design reviews, developing and writing transition and turnover plans
- Support the Project Managers coordinating interface activities during development of the planning documents, such as: Functional Requirements and Design Criteria; Project Execution Plan, Site Evaluations, testing, turnover, and commissioning and project schedules
Coordinate with other Hanford contractors and interface management to ensure potential project constraints are identified early and mitigated
Support contracting for design and construction and transition services with input to Statements of Work (SOW), reviewing proposals and supporting market analyses, and participating in technical evaluations.
Support the review of construction drawings, plans and specifications to ensure transition and turnover considerations are addressed
Take lead role in planning for turnover, start-up and commissioning of new systems
- College graduate with a degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or Engineering
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience supporting projects associated with science, engineering, infrastructure, facilities, systems or related projects with a minimum of three years water/sewer experience
- Demonstrated experience writing and executing test plans and transition and turnover plans that support commissioning and startup of new infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated experience interpreting engineering/construction drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated and successful written and oral communication skills
Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Experience in the following areas: Water/wastewater, Utility construction, Engineering, Project Management, Start-up / turnover, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) projects
- Familiar with applicable Codes and standards
- Department of Ecology experience
- Previous assignments within turnover groups executing large projects
- Customer Service/Client oriented
- Subcontractor shall ensure that its personnel meet and maintain the appropriate training, qualifications, and certification requirements as applicable
Duration is anticipated from date of hire through 9/30/2019, with four option years.
Travel and living expenses are not authorized for this position.
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Attn: TWUICS
Position closes 12/13/2018 at close of business