Job Title: Work Control Planner
Duration: Date of Award – 5/31/2021
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Closing Date: 11/11/2020
As a member of IWTU Planning department, the candidate’s principal duties and responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision from the Maintenance Manager, the candidate in this position will utilize a broad knowledge of maintenance fundamentals to write detailed work control plans (work orders) for complex electrical, mechanical, piping and other maintenance skilled work scope with complete understanding of principles, concepts, requirements and craft practices. Must understand and apply the principles of Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), and the integrated work control process.
- A thorough knowledge of the facilities and/or Project requirements where the work is to be performed
- A general understanding of equipment, procedures, and systems to be supported and/or affected by the work effort
- Fluency with applicable technical documents to include specifications and/or engineering drawings as well as all commercial documents that constitute the work order
- Applicable ISMS requirements, concepts, and principles
- A general understanding of company business and administrative systems particularly for document and vendor data management
- A working understanding of the procurement system in relation to subcontracting
- Responsible for the technical functions associated with the work control process.
The Work Control Planner:
- Performs tasks and work scope as defined in Principal Duties and Responsibilities (described above) and as directed by management
- Works in accordance with approved training, policies, procedures, and instructions and in a safe manner
- Maintains assigned reading and required reading as required for the position
- Performs work in conformance with the ISMS, VPP principles and functions, and Stop Work Authority
- Participates in the identification and resolution of health and safety issues through active involvement and support of the Idaho Cleanup Project Safety Teams (IST)
- Makes recommendations for innovative ideas or approaches to processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Assists in the preparation and review of procedures and other related documents, as applicable
- Provides support to cost savings initiatives, as applicable
- Responsible for completion of assigned training, qualifications/certifications, assigned reading, and required reading
- Ensures recurring training and qualifications/certifications remain current
- US citizen and able to work in Idaho
- Work a 4X10 schedule with some overtime based out at IWTU
- Must have previous work planner experience in electrical, mechanical, and fitter planning (prefer a minimum of 4 years)
- Minimum one-year job related experience
- Highly desirable to have in-depth knowledge of basic fundamentals of electrical, electronic, mechanical systems and hardware and their operation and maintenance
- Be able to read, understand, and translate engineering drawings and specifications into maintenance documents.
- Must be well informed on the requirements and use of PPE and worker safety practices
- Position requires extensive communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
All candidates are subject to a criminal background check, reference checks, and drug screening as required by the client.
Benefits available and excellent wage – DOQ
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. References are optional but appreciated.